Welcome to Western Bay of Plenty District Council’s online community panel!
Connect: People’s Panel is a quick and easy way for residents, ratepayers, businesses and community stakeholders to have a say by taking part in short surveys and giving feedback on Council’s current engagement projects.
We encourage anyone who is interested in the future of Western Bay to join Connect. We will share with you the results of every survey. Being a panel member is just one of the ways you can feel more connected to the decisions Council makes.
How does it work?
- When you sign up, you will receive regular updates from Council via email.
- We aim to inform you about opportunities to have your say at every opportunity including taking part in regular surveys.
- Most surveys will take approximately 10 minutes to complete and you only need to complete those that are of interest to you.
- We keep your personal details private and you are not identified in reports of survey results.
- All survey results are public. Key findings and the full reports, including how the results have been used, will be available on the Have Your Say Western Bay website.
- You may also be invited to take part in community events, focus groups, workshops, open days and online forums.
Join Connect: People's Panel
If you would like to get involved and have your say, please sign up using the form on the left.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the questions below to see their corresponding answers.
- What is Connect: People’s Panel?
Connect: People’s Panel is Western Bay of Plenty District Council online community panel. Connect is a way for you to get involved; where you have the opportunity to learn more about Council’s plans and ideas, and give us your views and opinions on a range of topics affecting our community and the future of our amazing District.
For Council, it’s a way for us to build an ongoing relationship with a range of people across the District, to share ideas and help make better decisions. Council can then take your ideas and feedback into consideration when making decisions so that, together, we can help shape our future. All we ask is for your honest opinions and feedback, good or bad.
- Who can be a member of Connect?
Anyone e.g. residents, ratepayers, businesses, community groups.
- How can I become a member of this panel and how long do I have to be a member?
Just simply sign up using the form. You can be a member of Connect for as long as you wish. If at anytime you wish to leave, simply opt out.
- What sort of things can I take part in as a panel member?
Engagement activities, surveys, feedback forms, attending events, taking part in focus groups and workshops, etc.
- What happens to the information I give you when I sign up?
When you sign up, we will ask you for some personal information. This is not compulsory. So you can tell us as much or as little as possible. You will never be named in a report. All your contact details will be kept private and will never be passed on to a third party. Council is governed by the Privacy Act.
- How often will you contact me and what will I receive?
We aim to contact you every 6-8 weeks. As a member, you will:
• receive regular email updates
• have opportunities to shape the future of our District
• be informed about what’s happened.
- Do I have to take part in every survey or can I pick and choose?
Although we encourage you to take part in all surveys, you can pick and choose.
- What happens once I give you feedback?
All feedback will be analysed and reported on. Your contact details will remain anonymous. The reports will go to the decision makers. Once a decision has been made, we will let you know the outcome i.e. we will close the feedback loop every time we ask you for your feedback.
- Does my opinion have any impact?
Yes absolutely. We will communicate clearly what you can and cannot influence right from the start so you know what to expect.
- Who can I contact if I have any questions about Connect?
Please contact Caroline Lim
, Western Bay of Plenty District Council’s community engagement advisor.
People's Panel reports
Please see below the results of recent Connect: People’s Panel surveys. All survey results will be posted here shortly after the survey closes, so please watch this space for updates, and look out for our email updates too.
People's Panel survey – what makes Western Bay special to you, preferred communications channels, parks and reserves
Report: First survey results - July 2017